Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Galaxy Angel A 8/10


The Galaxy Angel franchise does what all long-running shows do when they start running out of ideas. Add more characters. It worked with Happy Days so why not here?

Read my review of Galaxy Angel for my thoughts on the technical side and the preceding series was Galaxy Angel Z. The only differences between GA A and GA Z are that A aired in 2002-2003 as 13 30 min. episodes with 2 15 min. parts and the OP and ED are different. I liked the new OP since it's a new version of the original one that I liked alot and I consider this to be the best effort yet. I also really liked the ED since it's the same kind of energetic song as the opening and was catchier than previous efforts. They also added actual previews for this series with previews of the next episode and this is a must have in every show as far as I'm concerned.


With the coming of a new season the creators added a rival team to compete with the Angel Brigade. The Twin Star Brigade consists of two 10 year olds, Malibu and Cocomo, and their commander Mary. Malibu is the hot-headed type and Cocomo is the cool intelligent type with Mary acting somewhat like a exasperated mother for them. They really don't add much to the show and aren't in it all that much so I'm baffled as to why anyone even bothered to include them.


Other than a couple new characters, the episodes are still very funny and a lack of overall plot allows the writers to concentrate on the comedy. I found these episodes made me laugh more than the previous seasons to I'm bumping up the score for GA A. Recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home