Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ah! My Goddess TV (Season 1) 7/10

You either like AMG or hate it. I like it OK.

Character designs: 9/10
I really liked these designs. The best anime AMG designs yet.

Backgrounds: 8/10
Good but easy to draw locations so 8 is the best I can do.

Art consistency: 8/10
If I don't really notice it the show did a good job. Not too much action though so it's not all that.

OP theme: 8/10
This song is really great, I never skipped it.

ED theme 1: 9/10
Pretty catchy, I found myself humming this the next day.

ED theme 2: 3/10
They replaced the great first ED with this crap. BAH! SPIN ON!

Musical score: 8/10
Orchestral scores always do well with me. I bought the OST so it HAD to be good.

Voice acting (Japanese): 9/10
Belldandy's voice is so soothing. I had to give it a high score.

Story: 4/10
Loser guy ends up living with a goddess and her goddess sisters after getting a wish granted. The stories are pretty tame and any conflict here is pretty minimal. Mostly a comedy but the lack of progress in the main relationship gets OLD. They barely hold hands by the end of the series. Overall better than the older OAV since more characters are included in the various story arcs. I liked the bonus episodes featuring the sisters since they don't get enough screen time are are the most interesting characters.

Verdict: 7/10
There's a second season of this so there are lots of fans but if you're hoping for a realistic relationship between the leads, you won't find it here. It's light comedy that never gets too risque but not super funny either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home