Wednesday, November 14, 2007

More Random Thoughts

COMPLETED SERIES THOUGHTS:

Peach Girl: 5/10
This show looked like hell most of the time and was like a bad season of 90210. How the main characters can be so stupid I'll never understand. The ending was irritating because the main characters were as stupid as they were in the first episode right up until the end. BAH!

Karas: 9/10
6 part OVA with some pretty amazing visuals. Explosions, violent deaths, and a robo-ninja that not only kicks ass but TRANSFORMS INTO A CAR AND A JET! It's pretty cool. It's as good an OVA I've seen in the past few years.

Tide-Line Blue: 6/10
Nice art but irritating characters and a poorly executed story sink this submarine adventure. AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously, when the U.N. fleet is looking for the sub and it's like 5km away in a floating dock with no cover and they don't see it I have a hard time taking this show seriously. The ending was also kinda dumb. None of the main characters get together and the sub just disappears into the sea for new adventures with no explanation. BAH AGAIN! Hell, they never explain who got the pregnant girl pregnant! It's like they get her to have a baby just so it can be in constant danger. BAAAAAH!

INCOMPLETE SERIES THOUGHTS:

Ah! My Goddess: 8/10
Watched up to episode 16 or so. A couple of Skuld and Urd episodes are a good change but I'm not seeing a story arc developing for the final batch of episodes.

Witchblade: 8/10
Cool fights between busty ladies with almost no clothes. Can this show go wrong? I've only seen up to episode 8 so it's a little early to tell.

Xenosaga: 7/10
I really like this show, more because I've finished Xenosaga (people who know me know this is a rare event, finishing ANY game) so I can forgive the odd pacing and crappy art in the first 8 episodes. There's a nice looking show here but it seems to suffer from a small budget.

My Otome: 9/10
I'm scoring this show a little high since I really liked My Hime. Not that this show isn't really good. Nice art, good music, and lots of comedy and drama in a good mix. My only real complaint is that we still haven't seen Mai from the first series and I'm at episode 12.

Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle: 5/10
Why does everyone have such long arms? Why does the show seem to lack focus? It's like watching Quantum Leap but boring. At least by episode 22 Sakura isn't the invalid she's been throughout most of the series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home