Sunday, November 25, 2007

MORE THOUGHTS

COMPLETED SERIES THOUGHTS:

Air Gear: 8/10
Not bad. The animation had a consistent quazi-crappy quality to it but the show kept me interested. I really liked the music and the fan service, though oddly placed, was welcome. The ending was OK though they never really resolved the whole Sleeping Forest thing.

Blade of the Phantom Master: 9/10
I really liked this movie although it kinda felt like 2 OVA's back to back. The action scenes were well done and I liked the two main characters. The design for the kickass girl was really good and her long hair was well animated where if she was in a TV series they'd either cheap out and not animate it or give her a bob cut.

INCOMPLETE SERIES THOUGHTS:

Hellsing Ultimate Vol. 3: 8/10
All good again. A lot more Alucard than the TV series and not enough Seras. Quite a bot of splatter. Oh who will release the further adventures of our heroes not that Geneon is kaputsky?

Step Up Love Story: 7/10
Looks OK after the first 2 episodes, if a little dated. Odd subject matter with all the cock sucking lessons and cunnilingus. This isn't X rated but it's pretty R rated. Funny at times. I hope the final two volumes don't get too freaky.

The Story of Saiunkoku: 8/10
I really liked the first 10 episodes of this show. It's a little like Fushigi Yugi but it looks better and the main character girl is worth rooting for in her battle against chauvinism. Another good series perhaps taken from us too soon after the departure of Geneon.

Fate Stay/Night: 10/10
I just finished episode 16 and I must say, Archer's final battle was pretty cool as was the battle between Saber and Berzerker right afterwards. I'll watch the rest this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home