Monday, March 17, 2008

LONG TIME NO POST

I work too much....

COMPLETED SERIES THOUGHTS:

009-1: 7/10
Better than average. The OP was kinda catchy and I like the rather old-school character designs. The show didn't really have an overall plot which was OK but I tire of seeing too many shows with what I consider "plotless" writing. I'd likely have given this show a 5 or 6 if I'd recently watched a similar "plotless" show.

Ah! My Goddess TV Season 2: 9/10
Another show without a real overall plot but I can forgive that in a comedy. This season looks as good as the previous one and gets into more uncharted territory since all the main characters have been introduced. I really like the introduction of villains like Marller and Hild. They're evil without being unlikeable. The OP was great with all the bagpipes.

Comic Party Revolution: 7/10
Not a bad harem anime. The previous season spent too much time going on about publishing manga and I got bored. This one is more about the relationships between the main character and each of the girls. Good for a few laughs.

.Hack//Roots: 3/10
Ugh. Looks great but MY GOD HOW DULL! It doesn't even have an ending! It's like the show is supposed to lead into a game I don't care to play since it would be the most boring game ever. They even managed to screw up the great music from the last show.

Fate Stay/Night: 9/10
Looked and sounded amazing and I really liked the story. The only real problem was how the different arcs were so separate. They didn't really overlap and it felt a bit forced. The ending was particularly memorable.

Girl's High: 8/10
Funny, funny stuff. One of the few anime where girls act more like normal girls and not like male fantasy girls. It helps that the show looked good as well.

Innocent Venus: 4/10
Looked OK but the story sucked. The surprise villain sucked. The mech's sucked. The action was OK. The submarine ship with the weird captain was just retarded.

Itsudatte My Santa: 6/10
Looked a little worse than it should for an OAV. Had some fan-service which was OK. Should have been longer.

Kurau Phantom Memory: 7/10
I didn't like the voice of Christmas, very annoying. The story was OK but lacked something. Maybe it was because Kurau was constantly hurt but quickly healed. Perhaps it was Christmas constantly shouting "Kurau! Kurau!"

That's enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home